GAINESVILLE - Susanna Sartain was crowned Belle of the Ball at Saturday night's Charity Ball at the Chattahoochee Country Club. She is the daughter of Phillip and Lydia Sartain.
The 2015 Charity Ball marked the 64th anniversary of the event which serves as one of the Junior League of Gainesville-Hall County’s major fundraisers. The “Gatsby Ball”-themed evening featured music by the band Massive Impact, food, dancing and more. The annual event raises money for the Junior League, allowing the volunteer organization to support community agencies and projects working to make Gainesville-Hall County a better place for children and families.
This year six local civic groups sponsored belle candidates who were charged with raising money on behalf on the Junior League. As the highlight of the Charity Ball, the belle candidate who raises the most money is crowned Belle of the Ball.
2015 Belle Candidates, their schools and sponsoring clubs:
· Sara Grace Couvillon, Gainesville High School, Kiwanis Club of Gainesville
· Susanna Sartain, Gainesville High School, Gainesville Jaycees
· Carlee Shope, North Hall High School, Rotary Club of Gainesville
· Emmy Stephens, Lakeview Academy, Lanierland Civitan Club
· Mikenzie VerSteeg, Lakeview Academy, South Hall Rotary Club
· Shannon Waddell, Lakeview Academy, Braselton Rotary Club