GAINESVILLE - Unattended cooking at a Gainesville apartment is to blame for a fire that displaced four people Thursday night. <br />
Officials with the Gainesville Fire Department said they responded to a call on Jesse Jewell Parkway near Popeye's restaurant just before 8 p.m. and found the apartment on fire.<br />
Damage estimates were placed at $8,000.<br />
No one was injured.
A weeklong search for a Missouri couple wanted in a series of robberies and abductions across the South ended with one suspect dead and the other wounded Friday, after authorities say they chased the pair across the highway and through a rural neighborhood and exchanged gunfire with them in Florida's Panhandle.
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. health officials on Friday said men who have been to a Zika outbreak region should use condoms if they have sex with a pregnant woman — for the entire duration of the pregnancy.Th...
MIAMI (AP) — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon when he and Alan Shepard helped NASA recover from Apollo 13's "successful failure" and later devoted his life to e...
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks posted steep losses Friday, ending the week with broad declines, as investors fretted over a report showing that U.S. job creation slowed last month.Technology stocks fell espec...