GAINESVILLE - Unattended cooking at a Gainesville apartment is to blame for a fire that displaced four people Thursday night. <br />
Officials with the Gainesville Fire Department said they responded to a call on Jesse Jewell Parkway near Popeye's restaurant just before 8 p.m. and found the apartment on fire.<br />
Damage estimates were placed at $8,000.<br />
No one was injured.
A dog charged police officers who entered the wrong Atlanta home searching for a burglar, prompting gunfire that seriously wounded an officer, injured the homeowner and killed the animal, according to a police report released Thursday.
ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) — The latest on the county clerk in Kentucky who has refused to issue marriage licenses since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage (all times local):5:20 p.m.An attorney for a Ke...
One of the Hall County firefighters injured in a training accident in July 2014 has reached a settlement with Sutphen Corporation, the company who manufactured the ladder truck that malfunctioned in the accident.