clear
Monday September 26th, 2016 9:57AM

Child playing with lighter sparks Walmart fire

By B.J. Williams News Director
  Contact Editor
LAWRENCEVILLE - A Walmart store in Lawrenceville was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a fire broke out in the toy section of the store.<br /> <br /> Gwinnett County Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge reported the fire was started by a child who was using a lighter to open a box containing a toy. The child was not hurt, and a store employee was able to douse the fire with an extinguisher.<br /> <br /> Rutledge said that about 100 customers and 65 employees were in the store at the time.<br /> <br /> The store at 1400 Lawrenceville Highway was closed for a few hours for clean-up, according to Rutledge.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.