GAINESVILLE - Hall County firefighters battled a house fire in Gainesville Thursday evening that was apparently ignited by a lightning strike.<br />
According to Fire Marshal Scott Cagle, crews were called to the 6800-block of Grand Marina Circle near Horse Shoe Circle shortly before 6 p.m. Upon arrival, Cagle said firefighters discovered an approximately 4,000 square feet home that was displaying heavy amounts of smoke.<br />
Crews worked quickly to extinguish the flames, and attempted to salvage any personal property on site by covering items with tarps. Cagle said an early damage estimate for the home was in the area of $150,000.<br />
The fire was apparently sparked by a lightning strike that traveled through the electrical system in the garage, and Cagle said that no injuries were reported in the incident.<br />
ATLANTA (AP) — Freshman Marcus Marshall ran for 184 yards and two long touchdowns in his college debut, Patrick Skov scored three TDs in his first game at Georgia Tech, and the No. 16 Yellow Jackets r...
A dog charged police officers who entered the wrong Atlanta home searching for a burglar, prompting gunfire that seriously wounded an officer, injured the homeowner and killed the animal, according to a police report released Thursday.
One of the Hall County firefighters injured in a training accident in July 2014 has reached a settlement with Sutphen Corporation, the company who manufactured the ladder truck that malfunctioned in the accident.