GAINESVILLE - Hall County authorities said Friday a 12-year-old boy will be charged in connection with Wednesday's hoax bomb threat at Chestatee Academy.
The boy is a seventh grade student at the school, according to Sheriff's Deputy John Marshall. He said the student was identified quickly.
"Interviews with other students, follow-up investigations with the investigator and the school resource officer and...an admission had come with the interview," said Marshall when asked how the suspect had been identified.
The name of the student will not be released, since he is a juvenile.
He faces a charge of disruption of a public school, and Marshall said the formal charge will come at the first of next week.
Another threat at Chestatee Academy Thursday also turned out to be a hoax. He said the two incidents are not related and the second threat remains under investigation.