GAINESVILLE - The Drug Free Coalition of Hall County in conjunction with the Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) is planning a panel discussion next month titled "Drugs and the Law in Hall County."
Expected participants are:
· State Sen. Butch Miller of Gainesville;
· Cliff Jolliff, Juvenile Court Judge, Hall and Dawson counties;
· Vinay Nagaraj, MD, General and Addiction Psychiatrist, Laurelwood at the Northeast Georgia Medical Center;
· Lt. Scott Ware, Multi Agency Narcotics Squad, Hall County Sheriff's Office; and
· Lt. Earl Roach, Director of Emergency Preparedness and Safety, and School Resource Officers Director, Hall County Schools/Hall County Sheriff's Office.
The panel members will discuss the latest news, issues, legislation, and trends in drug abuse as seen from their individual positions and perspectives:
*New and pending substance abuse prevention laws in Georgia will be presented by Sen. Miller;
*Roach and Ware will present an overview of the recent trends in drug abuse as seen by law enforcement throughout Hall County;
*Judge Jolliff will provide an overview of the juvenile drug abuse cases being brought before the courts.
*Dr. Nagaraj will outline the substance abuse addition trends being treated at Laurelwood.
The meeting will be held in the Walters Auditorium at Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville June 12, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Entrance to the auditorium is through the medical center's South Entrance.
For more information contact JP Banks at the Drug Free Coalition of Hall County.