GAINESVILLE - In celebration of Mother's Day, Verizon Wireless honored the women at domestic violence centers in Gaineville and Cumming this past weekend.<br />
The women currently enrolled at each shelter were presented with a $500 donation, bouquet of flowers and gift bags of essential toiletries.<br />
There were such outlets in Georgia that Verizon supported through its HopeLine Program, its national cell phone recycling and re-use program to benefit victims of domestic violence. <br />
The domestic violence organizations that Verizon Wireless honored for Mother's Day included:<br />
· Liberty House (Albany)<br />
· Project Safe (Athens)<br />
· Stronghold Atlanta <br />
· SAFE Shelter (Savannah)<br />
· The Haven (Valdosta)<br />
· Promise Place (Fayetteville)<br />
· Forsyth County Family Haven (Cumming)<br />
· Ruth's Cottage (Tifton)<br />
· Securus House (Morrow)<br />
· Serenity House (Moultrie)<br />
· Gateway Domestic Violence Center (Gainesville) <br />
· Crisis Line and Safe House of Central Georgia (Macon)
A former Habersham County deputy sheriff has entered a "not guilty" plea to charges of providing false information to get a warrant that led to a botched raid in which a toddler was critically injured.
ATLANTA (AP) — A former high-ranking corrections officer at a southeast Georgia women's prison used his position of power to prey on inmates, targeting their vulnerabilities and forcing them to have s...
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. home prices rose steadily in May, pushed higher by a healthy increase in sales this year.The Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller 20-city home price index climbed 4.9 percent in May f...