GAINESVILLE - In celebration of Mother's Day, Verizon Wireless honored the women at domestic violence centers in Gaineville and Cumming this past weekend.<br />
The women currently enrolled at each shelter were presented with a $500 donation, bouquet of flowers and gift bags of essential toiletries.<br />
There were such outlets in Georgia that Verizon supported through its HopeLine Program, its national cell phone recycling and re-use program to benefit victims of domestic violence. <br />
The domestic violence organizations that Verizon Wireless honored for Mother's Day included:<br />
· Liberty House (Albany)<br />
· Project Safe (Athens)<br />
· Stronghold Atlanta <br />
· SAFE Shelter (Savannah)<br />
· The Haven (Valdosta)<br />
· Promise Place (Fayetteville)<br />
· Forsyth County Family Haven (Cumming)<br />
· Ruth's Cottage (Tifton)<br />
· Securus House (Morrow)<br />
· Serenity House (Moultrie)<br />
· Gateway Domestic Violence Center (Gainesville) <br />
· Crisis Line and Safe House of Central Georgia (Macon)
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — An Atlanta-area sheriff was charged with a misdemeanor Wednesday in the shooting of a real estate agent at a model home.Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill is charged with rec...
BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore's mayor was emphatic last week: She did not want federal oversight of her police department."Nobody wants the Department of Justice to come in here and take over our city,"...
DALLAS (AP) — Former U.S. House Speaker Jim Wright, the longtime Texas Democrat who became the first House speaker in the nation's history to be driven out of office in midterm, has died at age 92.The...