Friday October 28th, 2016 12:02PM

Hall Co. mobile home damaged by fire

By Staff
GAINESVILLE - Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said it appears a fire that broke out in a mobile home on Old Athens Highway early Wednesday morning was accidental.

Two people were displaced as a result of the fire, which was reported just after 2 a.m. Cagle said firefighters found the structure about 25% involved in flames when they arrived at the scene.

Cagle said one of the occupants of the home was up watching TV, smelled smoke went out on the porch and saw flames in the bedroom window. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Damage was estimated around $20,000.

The American Red Cross is assisting the two people who lived in the home.

© Copyright 2016
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.