clear
Tuesday August 30th, 2016 5:06AM

Dahlonega fire ruled accidental

By Rob Moore Reporter
  Contact Editor
DAHLONEGA - The fire that damaged a popular restaurant just off the Dahlonega Square has been ruled accidental.

Glenn Allen of Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens' office confirmed at 12:15 p.m. the "accidental" ruling for the fire at Shenanigans Irish Pub.

"Investigators have determined that the fire started in the area of a gas heater in the office of the restaurant," Allen said. "It caused heavy damage to the building."

The early-morning fire was contained to the building.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.