clear
Sunday September 25th, 2016 1:26PM

No injuries reported following Gainesville house fire

By Bryan Pirkle Reporter
GAINESVILLE - Crews with the Gainesville Fire Department were called to the scene of a residential fire early Tuesday evening.

According the Division Chief Captain Keith Smith, firefighters responded to reports of a house fire in the 700-block of Kenwood Drive at approximately 6:30 p.m. Upon arrival, Smith said crews discovered the garage area of the home showing flames and heavy smoke.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, and in their search for any apparent extension of the blaze, Fire Marshal Chad Payne said they found the fire had originated in the home's fireplace before penetrating the fireplace wall.

Due to their rapid response and timely efforts, Smith said crews were able to limit the extent of the damage to roughly $5,000.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, and Smith said the Red Cross has been notified to assist the victims with obtaining necessary shelter.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.