clear
Saturday February 13th, 2016 4:23PM

Fire damages vacant house in Commerce

By Staff
COMMERCE - An early morning fire did moderate damage to a house in Commerce early Tuesday.<br /> <br /> Units from the Commerce, Maysville, and Jackson County Correctional Institute Fire Departments responded to the fire at 1164 B Wilson Road. This was just after 7:30.<br /> <br /> Upon arrival they found smoke showing from a two-story single-family structure. The house was vacant at the time and there were no injuries.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.
Grass fire impacts rush hour traffic on 985
Rush hour traffic on I-985 was slowed by a grass fire Wednesay afternoon with one lane closed while firefighters fought the blaze.
10:19PM ( 1 year ago )
Judge denies motions to move, delay Tsarnaev trial
Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev asked a federal appeals court Wednesday to overturn a judge's decision to not move his upcoming trial out of state.
10:02PM ( 1 year ago )
Sheriff: Man shot 2 on I-85 because he wanted car
A 22-year-old man shot two people who stopped to give him a ride on Interstate 85 in South Carolina on Christmas Eve because he wanted their car to drive to Georgia, a sheriff said Wednesday.
5:21PM ( 1 year ago )
Local/State News
Gainesville considers funding boost for Keep Hall Beautiful, Elachee Nature Center
More funding could be on the way for a couple of Hall County agencies from the city of Gainesville, with a final vote planned this week.
1:00PM ( 3 hours ago )
U.S. retail sales rose modestly in January
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. retail sales rose modestly in January, evidence that Americans kept shopping despite sharp drops in stock prices.
12:00PM ( 4 hours ago )
Gainesville Police warns of dangers on social media
The Gainesville Police Department is reminding parents to be aware of the activities their children are engaged in online.
12:00PM ( 4 hours ago )
Mother, daughter perish in Stephens County fire
UPDATED: Improper use of a space heater is being blamed for the fire that claimed the lives of two women at a home in Toccoa Friday night.
12:00PM ( 4 hours ago )
Hall GOP meeting Feb. 20 is part of process of selecting delegates to national convention
The Georgia Republican Party is beginning the process of selecting delegates to this summer's national Republican convention, and for the Hall County party that process begins next Saturday.
11:00AM ( 5 hours ago )