LAWRENCEVILLE - A Lawrenceville man was sent to the hospital with serious injuries after an overnight fire gutted his home on Dogwood Lane.
Gwinnett County fire officials say their crews arrived at the house just after midnight. They said the fire was so intense, they were forced to battle the blaze from the exterior of the house.
The injured occupant was able to make it out of the house, but suffered burns and smoke inhalation, according to fire officials. Two other people in the house were not hurt.
There's no word yet on what sparked the fire.