BUFORD - Three people were displaced by a house fire in Buford during the lunch hour Wednesday.
Gwinnett County fire crews were called to the scene in the 3500 block of Haddon Hall Drive just before 12:30 p.m. and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the upper level of the two-story house.
In a press release, Gwinnett Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden said wind conditions and the size and construction of the home caused the fire to spread more quickly.
One adult and a pet dog were home at the time, and fire officials said both got out of the home safely.
Investigators said the fire apparently started on the back deck of the house in the area of a grill that had been used Tuesday night.