clear
Tuesday July 26th, 2016 8:16AM

Monday south Hall fire was accidental

By Derreck Booth Anchor/reporter
  Contact Editor
FLOWERY BRANCH - Discarded fireplace ashes got the blame for Monday morning's fire in south Hall County that destroyed a house on Loving Road.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the homeowner set discarded ashes in front of the porch earlier that morning.

Cagle said winds were high on that day, 20 miles per hour with gusts even higher.

"It was a difficult fire to fight with the sub-freezing temperatures and most of all the wind. The wind is what really made the fire get much bigger in size," Cagle said Monday.

No one was home at the time of the fire. First responders rescued two cats from the basement of the 2500 square-foot house.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.