mostlycloudy
Saturday July 30th, 2016 2:50PM

Electrical failure sparked deadly Winder fire

By Staff
  Contact Editor
WINDER - Fire investigators said Friday they think they know what sparked a deadly fire at a Winder home Wednesday morning.

Barrow County Fire officials released a statement saying the fire started in an area of the house where the sunroom and dining room were located. Investigators said because of the open layout of the house on Rockwell Church Road, the fire spread quickly. They said the fire likely was sparked by some type of electrical failure.

The child who died - an 18-month-old girl - was sleeping in the part of the house where the fire started, according to investigators.

Four others in the house were able to escape, although three of the occupants suffered serious burns, according to reports issued Wednesday.

Authorities said they have been unable to determine if there were working smoke detectors in the home.

The fire broke out around 2:15 a.m. Wednesday.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.