CLARKESVILLE - The Chattahoochee Mountain Fair is Clarkesville wraps up its annual run on Saturday.
The event, held at the Habersham County Fairgrounds on Toccoa Highway,
The schedule for the balance of the event is as follows:
Friday, Sept. 13
* Gates open at 5 p.m.
* Rides open at 6 p.m.
* 6 p.m. - Cake walk by Mt. Airy Baptist Church
* 7 p.m. - Entertainment by Flying Saucers with hula hoop contest
* 9 p.m. - Entertainment by Folsom Prison Gang (Johnny Cash tribute band)
Saturday, Sept. 14
* Gates open at 8 a.m.
* Rides open at 1 p.m.
* 9 a.m. - Children's horse show
* 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Kids' Korner featuring free games, face painting and balloons
* 10 a.m. - WCHM Battle of the Bands
* 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Habersham County Animal Shelter "Adopt a Pet"
* 6 p.m. - Bingo sponsored by the Shriners
* 8 p.m. - Entertainment by The Springs
Daily features include the Jeff Robbins' Mountain Music Show, Teeny Weeny Circus, First Bite Fishing Tank, homemaker exhibits, photo/art exhibits by Habersham Central High School students, clothesline art by Habersham County second-grade students, arts and crafts booths, a wishing well, and Sam's Path Petting Zoo sponsored by Farm Bureau Young Farmers Committee.
Admission to the fair is $5 for those age 16 and older, $3 for ages 5-15, free for children age 5 and younger. Ride armbands are $18 Friday night and $20 Saturday.