Tuesday October 25th, 2016 4:32AM

Space heater sparks Buford house fire

By Staff
BUFORD - A Buford home is unliveable after an early morning fire Wednesday.

Gwinnett Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden said firefighters were called to the home in the 5600 block of Austin Garner Road at 3:08 a.m. after a neighbor spotted the fire.

Rhoden said the occupants of the of the home were able to escape the two-story wood frame house, although one of them sustained a minor foot injury while leaving the house. That person was treated and released at the scene, according to Rhoden.

Rhoden said the fire appeared to be accidental in nature with a space heater as the probable ignition source. He said the fire should serve as a reminder that residents need to be cautious when using space heaters, making sure to keep combustibles away from the heat source.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the two residents of the house.
© Copyright 2016
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.