mostlycloudy
Thursday July 28th, 2016 12:23PM

Early morning fire damages Hall Co. house

By B.J. Williams News Director
OAKWOOD - A man was able to escape his burning home on Mountain View road unharmed early Monday morning.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the occupant of the house told firefighters he was asleep when the fire started.

"He stated that he was awakened by the popping noises of the fire, was able to get up and get out of the residence without any injury," said Cagle.

Cagle said it appeared the fire started in the area of an older floor furnace in the 1500 square-foot house. He estimated the damage at around $5,000.

The fire was reported at 5:22 a.m., and Cagle said firefighters had it under control in less than 20 minutes.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.