cloudy
Tuesday August 23rd, 2016 5:05PM

Unattended cooking sparks Gainesville house fire

By Staff
GAINESVILLE - City fire investigators said something left cooking unattended on a stove top sparked a fire that caused almost $50,000 in damages to a Gainesville residence Tuesday night.

Fire Capt. Keith Smith said units were called to the home on Etta Vista Circle just off Thompson Bridge Road around 8:30 p.m. He said when units arrived, about 40-percent of the house was burning.

Smith said while the fire was brought under control quickly, the damage was substantial. The Fire Marshal estimated damage at $40,000 for the residence and $8,000 for a vehicle in the carport.

Smith said the occupants of the house escaped the fire without injury. However, one firefighter suffered a minor injury.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.