cloudy
Tuesday August 23rd, 2016 5:07PM

N. Hall fire blamed on combustibles too close to heater; one injury reported

By Ken Stanford Reporter
GAINESVILLE - One person was taken to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta Monday night following a fire in North Hall.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the call to the 5200 block of Mission Drive came in about 7:15 and that the caller reported a "basement fire." Cagle said when firefighters arrived the fire in the 2,000-square-foot "structure" had already been put out.

"Apparently the occupants had some combustible material that was too close to a wood burning heater/stove," Cagle said. "The material caught fire and the male occupant tried to remove it from the structure. There was no major damage...but in moving the material the male occupant sustained burn injuries" and was taken to Grady.

No other injuries were reported.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.