mostlycloudy
Wednesday July 27th, 2016 3:11PM

Girl, 2, severely burned when gas ignites on slide

By The Associated Press
  Contact Editor
LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and do not anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.