partlycloudy
Thursday August 25th, 2016 2:27PM

Hall house fire cause listed as extension cord

By Derreck Booth Anchor/reporter
GAINESVILLE - Hall County fire investigators believe an extension cord is the culprit in a fire that did heavy damage to a house on Sky Lake Circle Thursday afternoon.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the damage estimate to the house is about $150,000. The approximately 2000 square foot Sardis area house was about half involved in flames when firefighters arrived, according to Cagle.

He earlier said one man was home asleep, but a phone call from a neighbor alerted him to the blaze.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.