BUFORD - A woman suffered moderate burns to her arms Thursday afternoon during a house fire in Buford.
According to Gwinnett County Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden, firefighters responded to the fire shortly before 2:00 p.m. on South Alexander Street near West Park Street.
Rhoden said the house, a two-story home on a slab, was heavily involved with fire, forcing firefighters to attack from the outside.
Investigators believe the woman was the resident of the house. Rhoden said initial information indicated the house had no electric or natural gas service.
As far as the fire, investigators believe the cause was an improperly used or malfunctioning kerosene heater.
Rhoden said the neighboring home sustained minor damage from radiant heat.