DOUGLASVILLE - A student in Douglas County helped rescue another teen who caught fire during a science experiment.
According to reports, a student at Chapel Hill High School was making a presentation Thursday when flammable liquid unexpectedly caught fire. The girl's clothing ignited.
A science teacher threw the student to the ground and tried to extinguish the flames.
WSB-TV identified classmate Will Wheeler,17, as the student who ran to get a nearby safety blanket, wrapped it around the girl, and extinguished the flames.
The coed was burned over 25 percent of her upper body. She was taken to Grady Hospital and is expected to fully recover. Her name was not released.