DAHLONEGA - Bruce Pilgrim is the new operations manager for the Historic Holly Theater in Dahlonega.
Pilgrim is the retired head of the Fine Arts Department at Lumpkin County High School and has volunteered for the job, according to the theatre group's board of directors.
The board says that initially he will focus on the care and maintenance of the theater and the development and maintenance of the theater’s master schedule. He's expected to immediately begin to contact members of the community to call for volunteers for the clean-up, inventory, and organization of the theater.
The board is planning a public informaton meeting at the Lumpkin County Parks YMCA September 10 at 6:30. The meeting agenda will include:
- an update on the activities of the board during this transitional period;
- an overview of the current financial position of the theater;
- a discussion of the process that will be used for the election of new board members;
- a presentation of a list of skills that we require to help keep the theater viable with an associated “call for volunteers;” and,
- an open question and answer period.