clear
Wednesday January 16th, 2019 7:36PM

Flare gun sparks fire at Gainesville apartment

By Katie Crumley
GAINESVILLE - The accidental discharge of a flare gun sparked a fire Tuesday afternoon inside The Retreat at McEver Apartments.

"The sprinkler system int he building had all but extinguished the fire upon the arrival of the fire department," said Gainesville Fire Chief Jon Canada.

Canada said the fire caused roughly $5,000 worth of damage to the second story apartment unit on Eagle Eye Road.

He said no other apartment units were damaged by the blaze and no injuries were reported.



© Copyright 2019 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.