clear
Wednesday August 31st, 2016 12:04PM

Dryer fire contained to back porch

By Derreck Booth Anchor/reporter
GAINESVILLE - A quick call to 911 and firefighter response helped limit fire damage at a Hall County house to a rear porch Wednesday afternoon.

According to Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell, responding firefighters discovered a dryer on fire on the back porch of the home in the 5500 block of Hubert Stephens Road.

The occupant of the house had made the call around 4:30 p.m., telling dispatchers there was smoke coming from the rear of the home.

Firefighters found the dryer fire and contained damage to the dryer and surrounding area.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.