Several northeast Georgia hospitals made two "best in the state" lists this month, and some of them ended up on both lists.
Georgia Trend magazine says its 2012 Top Georgia Hospitals listings include 72 different facilities. WomenCertified.com is responsible for the second list, hospitals in Georgia are best for women. Read more about how the listings were compiled visiting the websites noted below.
The following includes the area hospitals and their rank in the Georgia Trend categories specific to them:
Top Large Hospitals (400+ patient beds) 8 on the list:
2. Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville
4. Northeast Georgia Medical Center - Gainesville
Top Medium-Sized Hospitals (151-399 patient beds) 20 on the list
17. St. Mary's Hospital - Athens
18. Athens Regional Medical Center - Athens
Top Small Hospitals (150 beds or less) 20 on the list
2. Fannin Regional Hospital - Blue Ridge
3. Northside Hospital Forsyth - Cumming
8. Stephens County Hospital - Toccoa
Top Critical Access Hospitals (hospitals in rural areas, usually with 25 or few beds) 16 on the list
15. Chatuge Regional Hospital - Hiawassee
On its website, WomenCertified.com said the hospitals on its list were single-out for "demonstrating extraordinary service in meeting the needs of women and their families."
In alphabetical order, the northeast Georgia hospitals are:
Northeast Georgia Medical
Union General (Blairsville)