clear
Saturday July 30th, 2016 9:38PM

Babyland General evacuated after smoke scare

By Dean Dyer, WRWH
CLEVELAND - Hospital officials and Cleveland police helped evacuate visitors at Babyland General Hospital Sunday afternoon when smoke was seen coming out of a heating and air vent.

Cleveland Fire Department Chief Ricky Pruitt said the incident occurred around 4:00 p.m. Fire units from Cleveland Fire Department and White County Stations 4 & 6 responded.

Pruitt said when police arrived, they helped Babyland employees get all visitors out of the building.

"Wee discovered a burned up belt on a heat unit had caused the smoke," said Chief Pruitt after an investigation.

Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to search the entire building before allowing visitors and staff to re-enter.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.