Wednesday October 26th, 2016 9:20AM

Lumpkin Co. child burned by boiling water

By B.J. Williams News Director
DAHLONEGA - Lumpkin County authorities are not able to release many details, but they have confirmed that a 3-year-old boy was seriously burned by boiling water Monday afternoon.

According to Lumpkin Fire Battalion Chief Sharon Booth, the child suffered what appeared to be first and second degree burns.

The incident happened around 1:00 p.m. at a residence on Highway 9.

Booth said the child was airlifted to Grady Hospital's Burn Treatment Center in Atlanta. She said she could not release further information on the incident.
© Copyright 2016
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.