ARCADE - American Red Cross officials are helping a Jackson County family, displaced by a house fire Thursday morning.
According to Jackson County Emergency Service Director Steve Nichols, firefighters responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 162 Nathaniel Drive in Arcade.
The residents were home at the time of the fire, but no one was hurt. They told firefighters they were having furnace problems.
Responders described the damage to the house as heavy.
Units from Arcade, Jefferson, South Jackson and the Jackson County CI Fire Departments responded.