OAKWOOD - The Academic IV/Martha Nesbitt Building was closed on the Gainesville State College campus for about an hour Thursday morning because of a gas leak in the building.
College spokeswoman Sloan Jones said she got the alert from the campus police chief around 9:20 a.m.
"We have some sensors that are inside the building that identified the gas leak," she said. "That high-tech system identified that gas leak, set off alarms and folks started out of the building."
She said Atlanta Gas Light officials remained on the scene to determine what caused the leak.
All classes have resumed in the affected building.