Tuesday October 25th, 2016 3:15PM

Ammonia leak prompts Haz mat call for local business

By Staff
GAINESVILLE- An ammonia leak causes a major disruption for one Hall County business Sunday morning.

Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell says the call came at 11:30 from workers at a business in the 1600 block of Candler Highway. When firefighters arrived all employee's at Americold had already been evacuated and were told the leak had been stopped.

Kimbrell said a Haz mat crew entered the building and confirmed that the gas was slightly elevated.

Shortly afterwards fire crews deemed the area safe and returned control to the plant manager.

There were no injuries or danger to the area.

© Copyright 2016
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.